Dena joined Future Concepts Studio + Spa’s hair design team in 2008 bringing with her a wealth of experience, talent and successes. Hair design has always been a part of Dena life, watching and learning from her mother who owned a salon. Dena was fascinated by the art and became a stylist in 1987. Since that time she has successfully competed in hair competitions, became an educator for the Minnesota Educational Committee and was a district trainer for a major salon chain.
An advocate of education, Dena continues to participate in training courses, keeping her skills and techniques current; and her sense of style, on-trend. Future Concepts is proud to have Dena part of our team – providing her guests with exceptional hair design personalized to fit their lifestyle.
- Licensed cosmetologist from Cosmetology Train Center, Edina, MN
- Competed nationally in haircutting and styling
- Educator for the Minnesota Educational Committee
- District trainer for a chain of 13 salons
- Redken color training
- Grund training
- Place 1st and 2nd in a haircutting competitions in Chicago
- Place 1st in a state level haircutting competition
What You May Not Know About Dena
Driven by her passion to teach, Dena is currently educating children on the proper care of their hair – including classes on shampooing and braiding. In addition, Dena is a Girl Scout leader, avid fitness enthusiast and enjoys running. In her spare time, Dena enjoys gardening and painting.
Words to Live By
Treat others the way you would like to be treated